Coastal path improvements set to enhance access between Bouldnor and Yarmouth
A major programme of improvements to a section of the King Charles III England Coast Path is set to enhance access for walkers and visitors between Bouldnor and Yarmouth.
The Isle of Wight Council has appointed MCM Construction to carry out the works with construction scheduled to take place from September 7 to October 9.
The project will improve a stretch of the popular coastal route by widening and upgrading pedestrian access, improving path surfaces and clearing overgrown vegetation that has gradually encroached on parts of the walkway.
Works will include vegetation clearance along the existing route to restore its full width and improve visibility for walkers.
Sections of the path will also be upgraded with a new, more durable surface designed to provide a safer and more accessible walking experience for residents and visitors.
As part of the scheme, access between Bouldnor Viewpoint and the seafront will be improved to better accommodate pedestrians and future maintenance requirements.
New wayfinding measures will also be installed to help guide walkers along the route and encourage use of the upgraded access points.
To facilitate the improvements safely, Bouldnor Viewpoint car park will be temporarily closed during the duration of the works and used as the project’s site compound.
A section of the esplanade will also be closed while construction plant and equipment are operating.
The council said the timing of the project had been chosen to minimise disruption by taking place after the summer holiday period.
Darrel Clarke, the Isle of Wight Council’s Rights of Way Manager, said: “We appreciate that these works will cause some short-term inconvenience and would like to thank residents and visitors for their patience while they are carried out.
“The improvements will enhance an important section of the King Charles III England Coast Path, making it safer, more accessible and easier to enjoy.
“This investment will help ensure that both local people and visitors can continue to experience one of West Wight’s most attractive coastal walking routes for many years to come.”
latest video
news via inbox
Nulla turp dis cursus. Integer liberos euismod pretium faucibua